CIRGET is an inter-university research centre based at the Université du Québec à Montréal. The Centre brings together mathematicians working in differential geometry, topology, geometric group theory and mathematical physics. CIRGET is a CRM (Centre de recherches mathématiques) laboratory.
Every year CIRGET organizes several weekly research seminars and workshops. The centre also welcomes many research visitors.
The research interests of CIRGET’s members include:
- geometric group theory
- low-dimensional topology and geometry
- differential geometry
- symplectic geometry and topology
- geometric methods in partial differential equations
- partial differential equations on manifolds
- gauge theory
- mathematical physics (in particular integrable systems and quantum groups)
- algebraic geometry
- algebraic topology